1.28.2015

Artisan Design Team Blog Hop-PL Cards

Welcome back for another Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This year is an international team, so be sure to travel around the world with us as as we share our creativity and ideas with you!

When it comes to Project Life, I have found that scrapbookers either love it, hate it, or have no clue what it is. . . and then there is me! I tend to fit into all of the above! Yes, I know what Project Life is intended to be (a quick way for scrapbookers to keep record of their everyday life on a weekly basis), but are there really people out there who are that on top of it?! I know I'm not! Sure, I can stick the cards into a pocket page easily enough. . . but when it comes to taking photos, printing them out, and journaling. . . well, let's just say I could do better in all of those areas! But for me scrapbooking isn't just about the photos, telling a story, and documenting my life. For me scrapbooking has been, and always will be, about expressing myself and my feelings through the process of creating a page that (along with the photos and journaling) tell more about me and my life.

So, though I think the idea of Project Life is great. . . I don't want it to completely take away from my creative documenting process. The solution I found that is working wonders for me? Create my own PL cards. Check these out:


Fun, eh?! Last month Gage came home from school and we had the sweetest conversation that would make any mamma proud. I quickly wrote down the story in my journal so that I wouldn't forget the details and could document it in his scrapbook when I had the time.

I am completely in LOVE with the You Plus Me and Snuggles and Smooches stamp sets and was so eager to use them for this page! What I love even more is the fact that these sets aren't just for Valentine's Day projects! These sets have so many fun images and sentiments that can be used for lots of fun projects all year round!

Now, if I can just get my photos printed and everything placed into pocket pages. . .

In the mean time, let's go check out what Cindy has to share with us, shall we?
http://nutmegcreations.blogspot.ca/2015/01/artisan-jan-5.html

 Just one week left to Register for this month's Stamps in the Mail! E-mail me today to sign up! If you are in Canada, you can still get the same kit, just contact Allison Okamitsu!
Supplies used: You Plus Me and Snuggles and Smooches stamp sets; Remember Rotary Stamp; Calypso Coral, So Saffron, Pistachio Pudding ink pads and ink refills; Stazon Jet Black ink pad; Whisper White, Pistachio Pudding, Calypso Coral, and So Saffron cardstock; Watercolor Paper; Project Life 4"x 3" Grid Cards; Aqua Painter; Hearts Collection Framelits Dies; Tangerine Tango Baker's Twine; Essentials Wooden Elements; Itty Bitty Accents Epoxy Stickers.




2 comments:

  1. I so do get it! I too love the idea of project life but for me I need that creative buzz as well. Your layout looks great. If only there was more time. Good luck with the pics. You'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never cease to amaze me. You inspire me each week to get up and be crafty. I absolutely love everything you create!!

    ReplyDelete